Countdown to Bush's Last Day

Grim Statistics

Friday, June 1, 2007

Fifty More Years in Iraq?

George Bush wants us to stay in Iraq for 50 more years. Fabulous. Already the surge is failing, and the president wants to commit us to 45 more years of roadside bombings and body bags. Why doesn't he just infect the whole country with HIV? The end result will be the same.

Reminds me of a song...

The problem is all inside your head, George said to me
The answer is easy when your IQ's only three
I don't know why it's something no one else can see
We must spend fifty more years in Iraq

He said it's always been my habit to be wrong
But this time I'm not talking from the inside of a bong
And I'll repeat myself, and I hope you'll go along
We must spend fifty more years in Iraq
Fifty more years in Iraq

You're gonna go back, Jack
Don't make any plans, Stan
Except to deploy, Roy
(We'll never get free)
Just don't make a fuss, Gus
I hope you don't see much
Of the IEDs, Lee
(We'll never get free)

George said, I know this plan must really seem insane
And I'm throwing a harpoon into the GOP's campaign
I said George, you're nuts; and you never will explain
About the fifty years!

He said I'm working on the strategy tonight
And I believe that in the morning you will surely see I'm right
And then he smirked, and I realized that we're in for a fight
Or we'll get fifty more years in Iraq
Fifty more years in Iraq

You're gonna go back, Jack
Don't make any plans, Stan
Except to deploy, Roy
(We'll never get free)
Just don't make a fuss, Gus
I hope you don't see much
Of the IEDs, Lee
(We'll never get free)

You're gonna go back, Jack
Don't make any plans, Stan
Except to deploy, Roy
(We'll never get free)
Just don't make a fuss, Gus
I hope you don't see much
Of the IEDs, Lee
(We'll never get free)

2 comments:

mainelife said...

No worries. I think that he doesn't really mean 50, because he's bad at math. He thinks 50 is (0)ne more than 5.
Sorry--my lame attempt at humor. I have to laugh because the alternative is way too scary.

Mainecatwoman said...

I know...it's either laugh or cry...