Countdown to Bush's Last Day

Grim Statistics

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Compatibility Check

A friend of mine sent this to me this morning, and I thought anyone reading this might find it interesting as well:

http://www.selectsmart.com/plus/select.php

After I put in my positions and indicated where they were on my priority list, here are my "best matches" in terms of voting record and/or stated positions on these issues.

(100%) 1: Sen. Barack Obama (D)
(91%) 2: Ex-VP Al Gore (D)
(87%) 3: Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D)
(82%) 4: Retired Gen. Wesley Clark (D)
(79%) 5: Gov. Bill Richardson (D)
(77%) 6: Ex-Sen. John Edwards (D)
(77%) 7: Sen. Christopher Dodd (D)
(75%) 8: Sen. Hillary Clinton (D)
(73%) 9: Gov. Tom Vilsack (D) (Withdrew from race)
(62%) 10: Sen. Joseph Biden (D)
(56%) 11: Rep. Ron Paul (R)
(48%) 12: Sen. John McCain (R)
(47%) 13: Sec. Condoleezza Rice (R)
(45%) 14: Gov. Mitt Romney (R)
(43%) 15: Ex-Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R)
(43%) 16: Gov. George Pataki (R)
(40%) 17: Gov. Mike Huckabee (R)
(38%) 18: Ex-Rep. Newt Gingrich (R)
(37%) 19: Sen. Chuck Hagel (R)
(25%) 20: Rep. Tom Tancredo (R)
(24%) 21: Sen. Sam Brownback (R)
(20%) 22: Rep. Duncan Hunter (R)

No real surprises in the top tier of candidates for me here...I AM very surprised that Sam Brownback and Duncan Hunter and I intersect at even 20% of our issues, and I'd have to examine which ones they happen to be and what the nuances are before I believe it (not an option here) but it is a fun way to get an overall feel of where you are and where the candidates you may be considering supporting stand.

No comments: